The Alabama Robotics Technology Park is designed to close the skills gap within the robotics industry, while also ensuring that students obtain training on the latest robotic technology in the industry.
This course is an introduction to programming the YRC1000 controller. The course pertains to programming of press tending, case packing, machine tending, and palletizing cells. No prior knowledge of robot programming or the YRC1000 controller is required.
This course consists of classroom lectures, demonstrations, discussions and hands-on practice exercises.
Primary topics include:
- Working safely in and around the robot cell
- Powering up/down
- Jogging the robot using all coordinate systems
- Modifying points, motion type and speed
- Adding position levels
- Checking specified point
- Recovering from alarms and errors
- Cutting and pasting instructions
- Programming I/O and control instructions
- Monitoring and using Arithmetic variables
- Creating and working in user frames
- Defining and using Position Variables
- Programming SFTON and SFTOF Instructions
- Multiple Tool Selection
- Monitoring Specific Outputs for Interference Zones