The goal of this course is to teach the students how to use the ABB RobotStudio 5 software for use with IRC5 controllers. This class will cover everything that the general user would need to know.
- Basic controls
- Building a station
- Robot moves
- Robot programs
- Local origin
- Task Frames
- Auto Path Feature
Course objectives: After successfully completing the course, the participant should be able to:
- Start and utilize RobotStudio 5 Software
- Create a simulation station
- Create and attach tooling to robot simulation
- Create robot motion
- Create robot programs
- Create basic geometry modeling
- Import external graphic files
- Use the I/O simulator
- Create work objects
- Set local origin Set task frames
- Use Auto Path feature
- Use Signal Analyzer
- Record simulations
- Edit RAPID code using RAPID editor
- Watch data values while simulation executes
- Set-up and use Event Manager
- Create simulation of real robot
Student profile: This course is intended for
- Engineering personnel that are interested in computer simulation software.
- Those responsible for simulating robot layout and reach capabilities and robot program simulation.
- Any one responsible for creating new part programs for existing robots with computer experience.
IRC5 Programming I for Material Handling (US420)
IRC5 Accelerated Programming for Material Handling (Integrators Only) (US426)
IRC5 Programming I for Arc Welding (US490)
IRC5 Programming I for Spot Welding (US491)
- The attendee must have a good, working knowledge of Windows
32 hours/4 days
6 max class size
Alabama Robotic Technology Park
The Alabama Robotics Technology Park is designed to close the skills gap within the robotics industry, while also ensuring that students obtain training on the latest robotic technology in the industry.