- The course goal is to teach students how to properly disassemble and reassemble the mechanical unit. It will also teach proper preventive maintenance procedures.
- Proper safety precautions used while performing mechanical repair
- Operation of robot control and mechanical unit
- Description and operation of mechanical components
- How to use manual for repair and ordering of spare parts
Course objectives: After successfully completing the course, the participant should be able to:
- Perform safety precautions used while doing mechanical repair
- Properly start-up, operate, and shutdown the robot
- Describe the operation of mechanical components
- Disassemble and reassemble mechanical unit
- Use the manual for repair and ordering of spare parts
- Describe preventive maintenance procedures on the robot
- Calibrate robot
- Perform assembly disassembly of the upper arm according to product manual
- Industrial personnel required to mechanically repair the robots and to perform regular preventive maintenance
- Mechanical background or experience is helpful
Basic computer skills are required. Windows 98, 2000, XP knowledge is preferred. Electrical Safety Knowledge is preferred.
ABB Programming I required.